September 17, 2014

different colors


I gotta keep moving,
just put one step in front of the other
and hope not to trip.
I gotta keep moving,
got to go somewhere, anywhere...
don't stop!
if I do, I'll be done for.
I'll be stuck here.
I won't just stop... I'll crash and burn.
I'll crack and crumble.
and this time...
this time it's different...
this time I won't be able to take it.

one step in front of the other,
one thought obsessively repeating itself:
don't fall!
whatever happens,
no matter the pain,
despite the hurt,
stay on your feet!
STAND, god dammit!
rather be punched in the face
than kicked in the stomach,
than trampled,
than turned into a pile of broken pieces.

can't stop.
if I do, they'll catch up:
the spitefull words,
the show and tell,
the fist in the mouth,
the "mine is better",
the "do it like this",
the "I love your idea but...",
the "do more, be more, want less"
the "you're creative and original... let's see if we can murder that".

and when that happens, I'll be gone.
I'll twist and bend out of me
and become something I don't recognize in the mirror.



No comments:

Post a Comment