October 5, 2013

It's not goodbye, just... farewell


I bid you warm farewell my very fucked up friend
we'll meet again in hell or better yet: not ever.
'cause hell implies forever
and that's a strong commitment I don't intend to take
for your and my own sake.

Farewell to all you friends
that just don't comprehend and ever fail to see
that I don't have the time, much less the energy
to always bathe in drama as fun as it may be.
Might work for firsts and seconds
but when the hundredth time comes and you say this
"my life, my choice, just mine, just me, just take it as it is"
try and consider this:
It might not work.
It might just be the mood, perhaps the outside wheather,
the ever so annoying tick tock of the clock
or might just be the fact that every time you say it
it's an excuse to act,
to say whatever and never owning up.

I don't intend to preach 'bout life and all that's fair
but I can see this
slowly and surely getting there 
so I'll conclude as such:
"we are all past the age of playing truth or dare
or using poor excuses like - in love and war all's fair".

No comments:

Post a Comment